Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you felt too scared to look back and afraid to look ahead simultaneously? Today my question is how to trust in God when life is too hard?
When I feel like life is becoming too much to handle, and my faith feels stagnant, I find it helps to ask myself a powerful question: “Do I have complete trust in God at this very moment?” Trusting in God may seem straightforward, but it can be pretty challenging to put into practice. It requires a deep-rooted belief that everything will work out, even when things seem uncertain or difficult. Despite the challenges that come with it, trusting in God is an essential aspect of life for Christians, and when we trust God, it can bring a sense of peace and comfort during times of struggle.
Trust is defined as a firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. When we talk about trusting in God, we can break down the word to understand what it means. Trust in the firm belief that God is reliable, truthful, has the ability to help in your situation, and has the strength to see you through. While we may not believe each of these points about a person, with God, He is all of those things and more. However, this may be easier said than done. Sometimes, we may face situations where we are too scared to look back and too afraid to look ahead at the same time.
I remember entering a new year with fear, as my family had already gone through so much that I felt I couldn’t handle any more bad news. However, I also realized that my unwavering faith in God for impossible things in the past had prepared me for the battle I faced in my present life. The struggles I had faced were like a boot camp for the challenges I was currently experiencing. Even though difficulties surrounded me, I didn’t turn back or move forward. I questioned how to trust God when everything seemed too difficult to bear. How could I follow God’s Word, which instructs us to,“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” – Proverbs 3:5-6.
When I was going through difficult times, I couldn’t comprehend the teachings that God was trying to impart to me. However, in hindsight, I now understand the profound significance of those lessons, and I am passing them down to you.
- Your pain matters to God, and you must know that God is with you and He is for you. “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13
- Allow God to fight for you- “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still” Exodus 14:14
- You do not know God is all you need until God is all you have.”Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- The pain is not just an interruption in your life; the very pain that hurts so much, is the very thing God will use to show you He is trustworthy. Psalm 62:5-8
- Being cast away from God is the only true suffering that can destroy you. But, that cannot happen. Therefore, whatever you are facing cannot destroy you. “Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes”Ephesians 1:4
No matter what challenges you may be encountering at the moment, regardless of your past experiences, always remember that God is present in your life. He sincerely desires the best for you and His promises are true. He assures that He will always be there for you, never leaving or forsaking you. (Hebrews 13:5)